Sunday, May 23, 2010

Episode Six - I'm going for a walk; not the after dinner kind

Rather than rehash last week's espisode, I went for a walk. Here's Uptown.




I mean, I guess I could comment on the fact that I've never seen a brass band playing at Louis Armstrong Int'l (MSY), which probably happened and I'm not saying it didn't. But this week I was walking Uptown and I kept thinking about poverty, the soul of the city that apparently needed to be saved after the storm. Everything else is worthless..this city will be a chocolate city, cause it's the way god wants it to be.



Right? Who needs "those people," those Uptown types. If it's not Treme or the Marigny, it's not New Orleans, amirite?



Many New Orleans streets have these ceramic tile street names embedded in the sidewalk corners at the intersections.

Okay, now we're going to look at houses. These are all within the boundaries of Napoleon/Magazine/Calhoun/St. Charles. Uptown, basically. I'll just say this---I could've taken pictures of almost every house I saw. They're all unique. There are no tract houses.

And now I'm going to stop talking.
















Ecole Francaise









































One of these is not like the others...

Iconic New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment